Euwe & Sybolt de Jong, musicians
The brothers Euwe and Sybolt de Jong have performed organ duets since both were students at the Groningen Conservatory. Their series of recordings featuring organ duet transcriptions of movements from Bach cantatas have enjoyed international acclaim. The prestigious music magazine 'Luister' awarded their collective oeuvre with a '10', the highest obtainable mark.
They play Bach...but not as you know it. Click here to read more:
The ensemble dejongdejongplus was formed in 2010 and has so far released three CDs. The first album (Folk Songs) was warmly received and nominated by critic Job van Schaik as the second best CD-production of 2011, describing the arrangements as "bewitchingly beautiful".
- 'A single musical brain with four hands' (Rudolf Nammensma, Leeuwarder Courant)
- 'This is different, very well done, performed on a really first-rate instrument and is thus very enjoyable and recommendable' (Chris Bragg www.musicweb-international.com)
- 'Superbes adaptations de mouvements de Cantates de Bach pour orgue à 4 mains réalisées par Sybolt de Jong' (Dr. Alain Cartayrade, www.france-orgue.fr)
- 'die Kantatenbearbeitungen des Orgelduo's dejongdejong überzeugen jedenfals; sie sind meisterhaft gesetzt und mit viel liebe für detail interpretiert' (Westdeutscher Rundfunk)
- 'Hul spel is tegnies onberispelik, en die samespel akkuraat sonder om soepelheid in te boet. Die registrasie is keurig en gepas.' (vir die MUSIEKLEIER Jaarblad van die Suid-Afrikaanse Kerkorrelistenvereniging)
You may find on the Music Publication site arrangements of all the recorded Cantata movements of Bach. Including previews and recordings
In 2006 the first CD was released in a series of recordings dedicated to Sybolt de Jong’s arrangements for organ duet of movements from cantatas by J.S. Bach. This was recorded on the Hinsz organ of the Martinikerk, Bolsward, and has had as sequel of six volumes, recorded on significant historical organs in Germany and The Netherlands.
The project team consists, in fact, of four people; as well as the two organists, there are the recording engineer Jack Westra (Westra Media), and the technical/musical advisor and recording producer Jelle Stellingwerf.
Concert reservations can be made through this website > contact
(and yes, you will get two organists for the price of one!)